Bienvenue!

Hello, and welcome to our blog. On the 25th March, 19 students (and 2 teachers) are setting out on a trip to Montpellier in the south of France, to experience life there and improve our language skills. We will be staying with French families, attending a language school in Montpellier, and enjoying activities such as bowling, LazerQuest and visiting the beach. We will use this blog to keep you up to date with our trip, and to hopefully show some photos and video clips of our week in France.

Saturday 16 April 2011

Day 2 - Exploring Carcassonne and then to Montpellier

 Salut!

 On Day 2 we woke up and went downstairs to a gorgeous Continental breakfast in the hotel. We had croissants and pastries of all sorts, with jam and Nutella, and cereal, and I had some lovely apple juice to drink.

 We then went back up to the walled town to look around the castle. C'était chouette!

 Here is my travelling bear, Cashew, in front of the castle:


Here is Stephen:


Here is a nice bit of woodwork on the castle:


Here is a cool tree in the courtyard:


We had a great time looking around the castle; there was a lot to see and learn, and the views from the top of the castle were just lovely. There was also a nice little gift shop. 

Here I am in the castle:


And here I am again with Emily and Becky:


 When we left the castle we had a lovely time exploring Carcassonne; I went around with Becky and Charlotte and we had a great time; we bought crepes and impressed the vendeur with our French!

 We then met up with some of the others...


 As you can see it was a beautiful day. I saw some gorgeous woolly dogs; I wanted to take one home with me! (Though I doubt I'd have got it through customs!)


 We then went back down the hill and got on a coach to go to Montpellier! And oh, the scenery that passed us was just so beautiful! It was then that I realised that I wanted to live in the South of France, and as the week went on I became ever more sure. It just seems like Paradise.

 We reached Montpellier and met our families. As I have said before, the lady Niamh and Sam and I were staying with is really lovely. The three of us went with her back to her apartment and got settled in. We had a really nice first evening in Montpellier.

Liz x 

No comments:

Post a Comment